Pirulito de Pimenta

Pirulito de Pimenta
Novidades direto do país das maravilhas

Sigam-me os bons!

quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012

Goodbye cold and snowy weather

The winter says goodbye... Spring knocks on the door!

Canal in Maassluis centrum

It´s not official, but in march 1st we can say goodbye to the cold , rainy and snowy weather in Holland. No more triple (sometimes more) layer clothes, no more double layer socks, no more warm and cozy boots, no more fake fur hats, no more super-thick wool scarfs and definitely  no more gloves!

Moonwalking on ice
 I like the winter. I like cold weather. Am I crazy? Well, we all are. Coming from a very warm and humid place, where the temperature is 26ºC in a cold winter day and your hair´s frizz is always there to make you mad, I can honestly say I like cold places. 


Everything looks better when covered with snowflakes...


It´s just such a relief to finish your shower and no longer be already sweaty again, to do your hair and watch it stand good and calm for 2 days , to put all kinds of creams, body butters in you body, hands, feet, cuticles, face, elbows and knees and not look like a fried greesy chicken... Not to mention that winter clothes can really make you look more elegant and classy (if you menage to choose the right ones, of course! Some people for some strange reason like to look like an inflated garbage bag with their Parka coats).


white landscape


This winter I went ice-skating and, to be honest, I loved it! Even though I probably looked like a fool for all the grown ups and the 5 year old children (who could skate better than me), I still enjoyed it like never before (literally - I´ve never been ice-skating on a natural environment in my life). Skating on a lake with a 15cm layer of ice is priceless! And amazing! Did I mention it was fun too? 

but yeah... it´s time to say goodbye! Nothing lasts forever (except diamonds and fur coats).

Rico´s favorite spot in the winter: the heater


I like the spring too. Time to see flowers in the streets, the leaves slowly growing back in the tree branches, more confortable clothes and shoes, more sun in the sky, more smiles on people´s faces... it reminds me it´s almost time to visit Keukenhof again. 

So I wish you all a happy Spring time! 

3 comentários:

  1. Esse ano eu nao reclamei tanto do inverno, nos anos anteriores eu tinha que passar o tempo todo do lado de fora congelando, sem chocolate quente e sem roupas apropriadas. Eu nao sei me vestir no inverno, eu comprei um casaco enorme que parece um iglu mas me deixa quentinha mesmo com os -12C que fez por aqui. Tambem fui patinar no gelo e adorei, comprei patins e tudo mais, gostei tanto que agora estou pensando em patinar indoor ate quando o inverno nao de as caras de novo.

    beijao

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Oi Simone,

      Eu também gostei tanto que comprei os meus patins ! Estou procurando um lugar legal pra patinar indoor, se você souber de algum me avisa?

      Excluir
  2. Oi! Impressionante como os blogs que me chamam mais atenção costumam ter um gato envolvido... risos...
    Muito rico o seu Rico! =)

    Menina, eu tambem gosto do frio, gosto do inverno... Acho tao melhor trabalhar assim, passear assim... No Brasil eu derretia... Era so andar da minha casa pro trabalho e ja chegada passando mal...

    Mas esse inferno foi muito do ruim, ne? Mal tivemos temperaturas realmente congelantes! hunfs

    Eu to aqui pertinho de você... Na Bélgica...

    beijo

    ResponderExcluir